A crime can have multiple and lasting impacts on an individual and their family, not only physically, but emotionally, financially, mentally, and legally. These and other constraints may hinder people victimized by crime in understanding and utilizing the criminal justice system, exercising their rights under the law, and accessing services necessary for recovery, but that is where a victim advocate can help.
Our goal at Ashleigh Diserio Consulting is to help victims of crime mitigate the trauma of crime, navigate the criminal justice system, ensure that crime victims are an integral part of the case in which they are involved, and rebuild their lives. We also sensitize law enforcement officials, criminal justice personnel, and the community to victims’ needs.
We providing assistance, advocacy, and support to those harmed by crime including victims, their families, friends, and communities with compassion, respect & sensitivity through:
1. Advocacy on behalf of victims
2. Criminal justice support and advising victims of their rights
3. Assisting victims with writing impact statements
4. Assistance in evidence return
5. Accompaniment to appointments and court appearances
6. Assistance obtaining protective orders
7. Crisis intervention, counseling referrals, and emotional support
8. Referral to appropriate social service agencies for financial and legal assistance
9. Safety planning
10. Assisting attorneys and prosecution during the case
It may be difficult for you to reach out for help. But you may find that victim advocates can offer you information, support, and access to helpful services you might not know about. Victims and their friends and family are often comforted to know that there are agencies that want to make sure they are safe and have the help they need to recover from the impact of the crime.
If you are a victim of a crime or have a friend or family member that has been a victim contact us for a free fifteen minute consultation to see how we can assist you through this difficult time. We help all victims impacted by crisis, violence, and tragedy regardless of age, sex, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, or disability.
Schedule your free consultation to discuss how we can assist you.